Featuring a 2.4 GHz wireless radio receiver, the Yongnuo YN560-III Speedlite is a long range manual flash unit capable of being triggered from up to 300′ away with the YN560-TX, RF-603, and RF-602 wireless transmitters. The YN560-III is powerful with a guide number of 190′ at ISO 100 and 105mm. The unit is also quite versatile with a zoom range of 24-105mm, which is able to be expanded to 18mm with the built-in wide-angle diffuser. Additionally, this output can be adjusted from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps.
Full bounce and swivel lighting is possible due to -7 to 90-degree tilt and 270-degree of rotation with the locking flash head. The flash can also be triggered optically with either instant sync or skip pre-flash options for simpler off-camera firing. A built-in PC sync port further enhances the flash’s connectivity and a Multi mode allows for stroboscopic lighting effects. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries and has a recycle time of about 3 seconds.
- Supports the YN560-TX, RF-603, and RF-602 wireless transmitters and can operate on any of the 16 available channels
- Metal hot shoe for standard on-camera triggering
- Large LCD screen for viewing settings and making adjustments
- Socket for SF-18C or SF-17C external power pack
- 100-1500 flashes from one set of batteries